Heating Tapes - High Temp Insulation Tape
HTS/Amptek® manufactures a variety of heating tapes and high temp insulation tape. High-temperature insulation tape, also known as high-temperature resistant tape or heat-resistant tape, is a type of tape specifically designed to provide insulation and thermal protection in high-temperature environments. It is commonly used in applications where heat containment, insulation, or thermal shielding is required.
Here are some key features and considerations regarding high-temperature insulation tape:
- Temperature resistance: High-temperature insulation tape is designed to withstand and provide insulation at elevated temperatures. The specific temperature range can vary depending on the tape's composition and construction, but it is typically engineered to withstand temperatures ranging from 200°C to 1000°C (400°F to 1800°F) or higher.
- Insulation properties: The primary function of high-temperature insulation tape is to provide thermal insulation. It helps to contain heat, prevent heat transfer to surrounding areas, and protect sensitive components, equipment, or surfaces from high temperatures. The tape's insulation properties are achieved through its composition and construction, which often include materials like fiberglass, ceramic fibers, silicone rubber, or other high-temperature resistant materials.
- Heat resistance: In addition to insulation, high-temperature insulation tape is designed to resist direct exposure to heat sources. It can withstand direct contact with flames, hot surfaces, or high-temperature fluids without melting, degrading, or releasing harmful substances.
- Flame retardant properties: Many high-temperature insulation tapes are formulated to be flame retardant, meaning they have the ability to resist the propagation of flames and reduce the risk of fire hazards. This is an important safety feature in environments where fire safety is a concern.
- Versatility: High-temperature insulation tape comes in various forms, including adhesive-backed tapes, wrap tapes, or woven tapes. It can be easily applied to different surfaces, components, or equipment, providing flexibility in installation. It is commonly used in applications such as furnace insulation, pipe wrapping, electrical insulation, thermal barrier protection, gasketing, and sealing.
- Chemical resistance: Depending on the specific composition, high-temperature insulation tape may also offer resistance to chemicals, oils, solvents, and other corrosive substances. This can be advantageous in environments where exposure to such substances is expected.
When selecting high-temperature insulation tape, it is important to consider the intended temperature range, the specific application requirements, the compatibility with the surfaces or components, and any relevant safety standards or regulations. For help with choosing the right high temp heating tape, contact one of our experts at 281.340.9800.