Heating Tapes - High Temperature Heating Tape
For heating tapes and high temperature heating tape, look to HTS/Amptek®. Our high-temperature heating tape, also known as high-heat heating tape or heat tracing tape, is a specialized type of tape designed to provide controlled heating in environments or applications that require elevated temperatures. It is commonly used for heating pipes, tanks, valves, and other equipment in industrial, commercial, and residential settings.
High-temperature heating tape is typically made of a flexible heating element, such as a resistive wire, embedded within a durable and heat-resistant material. The heating element generates heat when an electric current passes through it. The tape is designed to distribute heat evenly along its length, allowing for uniform heating of the targeted area.
Some key features and applications of high-temperature heating tape include:
- Temperature control: Heating tapes often come with built-in thermostats or temperature controllers, allowing precise control of the heating process. This enables maintaining a specific temperature range or preventing overheating.
- High heat resistance: High-temperature heating tape is specifically designed to withstand elevated temperatures. The heat-resistant materials used can tolerate temperatures ranging from several hundred degrees Celsius to over a thousand degrees Celsius, depending on the specific product.
- Versatile applications: Heating tape is used in various industries and applications. It can be employed for freeze protection, process temperature maintenance, heat tracing, or preheating in environments such as oil and gas, chemical processing, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, and more.
- Easy installation: Heating tape is typically flexible and can be wrapped or applied directly onto the surface of the object to be heated. It can conform to different shapes and sizes, making installation relatively straightforward.
- Energy efficiency: Heating tapes are often designed to be energy-efficient, utilizing insulation or self-regulating heating elements. This helps reduce energy consumption and minimize heat loss.
When selecting high-temperature heating tapes, it is important to consider factors such as the required temperature range, power requirements, length, and any specific certifications or safety standards applicable to your industry or region. We are here to answer any questions you may have and can assist you in choosing the right high temperature heating tape for your needs. Give us a call at 281.340.9800 to speak with one of our experts.