Heating Tapes - Industrial Heat Tape
For heating tapes and industrial heat tape, consider HTS/Amptek®. We manufacture a variety of flexible electric heating solutions. Our industrial heat tape, also known as industrial heating tape or heat trace tape, is a specialized product used to provide controlled heat in industrial applications. It is designed to withstand harsh environments and deliver reliable and consistent heating for various industrial processes. Industrial heat tape is commonly used in industries such as oil and gas, petrochemical, food processing, pharmaceuticals, and manufacturing.
Key features and characteristics of industrial heat tape include:
- Construction: Industrial heat tape consists of a durable outer jacket or sheath that houses the heating element. The heating element is usually a resistive wire or a self-regulating material that generates heat when an electric current passes through it. The outer jacket provides protection against moisture, chemicals, mechanical damage, and exposure to harsh conditions.
- Temperature control: Heat tape often incorporates temperature control devices, such as thermostats or temperature controllers. These devices allow precise regulation of the heat output, enabling the maintenance of specific temperatures required for the industrial process.
- High-temperature capability: Industrial heat tape is designed to withstand elevated temperatures. It can handle temperature ranges from relatively low temperatures to several hundred degrees Celsius, depending on the specific product.
- Versatile applications: Industrial heat tape is utilized in various applications, including pipe heating, tank heating, vessel heating, process temperature maintenance, freeze protection, and heat tracing. It can be used to prevent freezing, maintain viscosity, control fluid temperature, or ensure optimal process conditions.
- Easy installation: Industrial heat tape is designed for easy installation. It is flexible and can be wrapped around pipes, tanks, or other equipment. Some heat tapes come with adhesive backing or fastening mechanisms to secure them in place.
- Energy efficiency: Many industrial heat tapes feature self-regulating properties, meaning they adjust their heat output based on the surrounding temperature. This self-regulation helps optimize energy consumption and prevent overheating.
- Safety features: Industrial heat tapes often incorporate safety features such as built-in thermal fuses or temperature limiters. These features help prevent excessive heating and ensure safe operation.
When selecting industrial heat tape, it is crucial to consider factors such as the required temperature range, power requirements, length, and compatibility with the specific application and environment. We are here to assist you in choosing the right heat tape for your needs. Contact one of our experts at 281.340.9800.