Heating Tapes - High Temperature Heating Tape
For a selection of heating tapes and high temperature heating tape, look to HTS/Amptek®. Our high temperature heating tape is a specialized type of tape that is designed to withstand elevated temperatures while providing heat. It is commonly used in various industrial applications where controlled heating is required, such as in manufacturing processes, laboratory equipment, and pipe heating.
Here are some key features and considerations regarding high temperature heating tape:
- Temperature resistance: High temperature heating tape is specifically engineered to withstand elevated temperatures. While different brands and models may vary, it is typically designed to operate in the range of 150°C to 900°C (300°F to 1650°F).
- Heating element: The tape contains a heating element embedded within it, which is responsible for generating heat. This heating element is often made of materials like nickel-chromium (Nichrome) or copper-nickel alloys, known for their high electrical resistance and heat-generating capabilities.
- Construction: High temperature heating tape is usually constructed with a flexible and durable base material that can withstand the specified temperature range. Common base materials include fiberglass, silicone rubber, or high-temperature resistant polymers. The heating element is then integrated into this base material.
- Power source: High temperature heating tape requires an electrical power source to operate. The tape is typically connected to a power supply that provides the necessary voltage and current to generate heat. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and safety guidelines when installing and operating the tape to ensure proper electrical connections and prevent overheating.
- Control options: Depending on the specific application, high temperature heating tape may offer different control options. Some tapes come with built-in thermostats or temperature sensors that allow for precise temperature regulation. Others may require an external temperature controller to maintain the desired temperature.
- Application areas: High temperature heating tape finds applications in various industries, including manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, chemical processing, and research laboratories. It is commonly used for tasks such as surface heating, heat tracing, curing, preheating, and maintaining constant temperature in pipes, vessels, or equipment.
When selecting high temperature heating tape, it is crucial to consider factors such as the desired temperature range, required length and width, power requirements, control options, and any specific environmental or safety considerations. For help choosing the right heating tape for your needs, contact one of our experts at 281.340.9800.